Proposition: Prop. 10.027: Construction of Components of First Bimedial
(Proposition 27 from Book 10 of Euclid's “Elements”)
To find (two) medial (straight lines), containing a rational (area), (which are) commensurable in square only.
* Let the two rational (straight lines) $A$ and $B$, (which are) commensurable in square only, be laid down.
* And let $C$ - in mean proportion3 (straight line) to $A$ and $B$ - have been taken [Prop. 6.13].
* And let it be contrived that as $A$ (is) to $B$, so $C$ (is) to $D$ [Prop. 6.12].
(not yet contributed)
Table of Contents
Thank you to the contributors under CC BY-SA 4.0!
Adapted from (subject to copyright, with kind permission)
- Fitzpatrick, Richard: Euclid's "Elements of Geometry"
Adapted from CC BY-SA 3.0 Sources:
- Prime.mover and others: "Pr∞fWiki", https://proofwiki.org/wiki/Main_Page, 2016