Proposition: Prop. 10.097: Square on Apotome applied to Rational Straight Line
(Proposition 97 from Book 10 of Euclid's “Elements”)
The (square) on an apotome, applied to a rational (straight line), produces a first apotome as breadth.
* Let $AB$ be an apotome, and $CD$ a rational (straight line).
* And let $CE$, equal to the (square) on $AB$, have been applied to $CD$, producing $CF$ as breadth.
* I say that $CF$ is a first apotome.
(not yet contributed)
Table of Contents
Proofs: 1 2 3
Adapted from (subject to copyright, with kind permission)
- Fitzpatrick, Richard: Euclid's "Elements of Geometry"
Adapted from CC BY-SA 3.0 Sources:
- Prime.mover and others: "Pr∞fWiki", https://proofwiki.org/wiki/Main_Page, 2016