Proposition: Prop. 11.16: Common Sections of Parallel Planes with other Plane are Parallel
If two parallel planes are cut by some plane then their common sections are parallel.
* For let the two parallel planes $AB$ and $CD$ have been cut by the plane $EFGH$.
* And let $EF$ and $GH$ be their common sections.
* I say that $EF$ is parallel to $GH$.
(not yet contributed)
Table of Contents
Proofs: 1 2
Thank you to the contributors under CC BY-SA 4.0!
Adapted from (subject to copyright, with kind permission)
- Fitzpatrick, Richard: Euclid's "Elements of Geometry"
Adapted from CC BY-SA 3.0 Sources:
- Prime.mover and others: "Pr∞fWiki", https://proofwiki.org/wiki/Main_Page, 2016