Proposition: Prop. 12.02: Areas of Circles are as Squares on Diameters
Circles are to one another as the squares on (their) diameters.
* Let $ABCD$ and $EFGH$ be circles, and [let] $BD$ and $FH$ [be] their diameters.
* I say that as circle $ABCD$ is to circle $EFGH$, so the square on $BD$ (is) to the square on $FH$.
(not yet contributed)
Table of Contents
- Lemma: Lem. 12.02: Areas of Circles are as Squares on Diameters
Proofs: 1 2 3
Thank you to the contributors under CC BY-SA 4.0!
Adapted from (subject to copyright, with kind permission)
- Fitzpatrick, Richard: Euclid's "Elements of Geometry"
Adapted from CC BY-SA 3.0 Sources:
- Prime.mover and others: "Pr∞fWiki", https://proofwiki.org/wiki/Main_Page, 2016