Person: Fagnano (2), Giovanni
Giovanni Fagnano was an Italian priest who worked on geometry and calculus.
Mathematical Profile (Excerpt):
- Giovanni was born into one of the leading families in Sinigaglia.
- He was appointed gonfaloniere in 1723 when Giovanni was eight years old.
- In 1755 Fagnano was appointed as archpriest, a very high rank to achieve.
- Some of Fagnano's publications appear in the Nova acta eruditorum Ⓣ(New scholarly results) in 1774.
Born 31 January 1715, Sinigaglia (now Senigallia, Italy). Died 14 May 1797, Sinigaglia (now Senigallia, Italy).
View full biography at MacTutor
Tags relevant for this person:
Thank you to the contributors under CC BY-SA 4.0!
Adapted from other CC BY-SA 4.0 Sources:
- O’Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F: MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive