Person: Bruno (3), Giuseppe
Giuseppe Bruno was an Italian mathematician who worked in geometry.
Mathematical Profile (Excerpt):
- In 1850 Bruno received a degree in hydraulic engineering and, the following year, he received his doctorate in mathematics.
- Bruno gave up his teaching post at the Collegio Nazionale in 1861, having accepted a post at the Technical Institute the previous year.
- One of Bruno's students, Corrado Segre, became his assistant in the mid 1880s.
- All Bruno's publications deal with research into geometry.
Born 21 June 1828, Mondovi (now Italy). Died 4 February 1893, Turin, Italy.
View full biography at MacTutor
Tags relevant for this person:
Origin Italy, Special Numbers And Numerals
Adapted from other CC BY-SA 4.0 Sources:
- O’Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F: MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive