Person: Bützberger, Fritz (Friedrich
Fritz (Friedrich) Bützberger was a Swiss schoolteacher who helped organise the first International Congress of Mathematicians.
Mathematical Profile (Excerpt):
- Bützberger was the 11th of Schläfli's 12 doctoral students.
- Bützberger became a mathematics teacher at the Kantonsschule in Zürich in 1896.
- The collection of Bützberger's papers is now stored in the ETH Library Archive.
- There is little information about Bützberger's personal life in the obituaries and his estate.
Born 26 March 1862, Bleienbach, Bern canton, Switzerland. Died 1 November 1922, Bern, Switzerland.
View full biography at MacTutor
Tags relevant for this person:
Thank you to the contributors under CC BY-SA 4.0!
Adapted from other CC BY-SA 4.0 Sources:
- O’Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F: MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive