Person: Childs, Charles Bernard
Bernard Childs studied at Birmingham University and then became a lecturer in Physics at Edinburgh University. He was active in adult education.
Mathematical Profile (Excerpt):
- In 1911, Charles Bernard Childs, our mathematician, was studying at The College, Hadham Road, Bishop's Stortford.
- Childs studied at the University of Birmingham, graduating with a B.Sc. in 1920.
- Childs was appointed as an Assistant Lecturer in Natural Philosophy at Edinburgh University in 1922.
- Shortly after arriving in Edinburgh as an Assistant, Bernard Childs joined the Edinburgh Mathematical Society in March 1923.
- Finally we note that Childs had many interests other than his subject.
Born 23 June 1895, Wandsworth, London, England. Died 4 July 1956, Edinburgh, Scotland.
View full biography at MacTutor
Tags relevant for this person:
Adapted from other CC BY-SA 4.0 Sources:
- O’Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F: MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive