Person: Cunningham, Ebenezer
Ebenezer Cunningham was an English mathematician who worked in relativity.
Mathematical Profile (Excerpt):
- Ebenezer Cunningham was educated at Owen's School Islington and from there he won an open mathematical scholarship to St John's College, Cambridge, which he entered in 1899.
- Although Cunningham's early papers were on analysis, he was soon to change topic.
- Cunningham published The Principle of Relativity in 1914, the first English book on the topic.
- Cunningham had returned to St John's College Cambridge in 1911, at the invitation of Baker.
Born 7 May 1881, Hackney, London, England. Died 12 February 1977, Corbridge Northumberland, England.
View full biography at MacTutor
Tags relevant for this person:
Adapted from other CC BY-SA 4.0 Sources:
- O’Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F: MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive