Person: Hardie (2), Patrick
Patrick Hardie graduated from Edinburgh University. He spent most of his career teaching in Egypt at Alexandria and Cairo.
Mathematical Profile (Excerpt):
- Patrick Hardie had siblings: James (born about 1860), George (born about 1864), Jane (born about 1866), and Alexander (born about 1875).
- Patrick Hardie's school education was at Newington School, Edinburgh, followed by George Heriot's School, Edinburgh.
- Hardie studied Chemistry and Practical Chemistry with Crum Brown, Botany and Practical Botany with Balfour, Zoology and Practical Zoology, Mathematics with Chrystal, and Natural Philosophy with Tait.
- Hardie then went to Egypt where he worked as a Lecturer in Physics.
- Hardie joined the Edinburgh Mathematical Society in February 1900 while at Sharp's Institution in Perth, Scotland.
Born 13 January 1873, Edinburgh, Scotland. Died 7 March 1943, Edinburgh, Scotland.
View full biography at MacTutor
Tags relevant for this person:
Thank you to the contributors under CC BY-SA 4.0!
Adapted from other CC BY-SA 4.0 Sources:
- O’Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F: MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive