Person: Hardie, Robert
Robert Hardie graduated from Oxford and occupied various posts in the Philosophy department of Edinburgh University.
Mathematical Profile (Excerpt):
- Robert was educated at Circus Place School, Edinburgh.
- Hardie then returned to Edinburgh where he was appointed as an Assistant in Logic and Metaphysics at the University in 1889.
- Hardie remained an assistant until 1892 when he was promoted to Lecturer in Logic and Metaphysics.
- The Edinburgh Mathematical Society was founded in 1883 and Hardie joined the Society at its inaugural meeting in February of that year.
- Hardie took part in the subsequent discussion.
Born 31 August 1864, George Street, Edinburgh, Scotland. Died 9 March 1942, Edinburgh, Scotland.
View full biography at MacTutor
Tags relevant for this person:
Thank you to the contributors under CC BY-SA 4.0!
Adapted from other CC BY-SA 4.0 Sources:
- O’Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F: MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive