Person: Kerr, John Guthrie
John Kerr was a lecturer in Mathematics and Physics at the Church of Scotland Teacher-Training College.
Mathematical Profile (Excerpt):
- John Kerr was educated at Dumbarton Academy.
- Dr Kerr was a Snell Exhibitioner of Balliol College, Oxford.
- Kerr was a lecturer in Mathematics and Physics at the Church of Scotland Teacher-Training College (1877-90).
- In 1890 John Kerr was appointed Headmaster of Allan Glen's School.
- Under the headmastership of Dr John G Kerr, an outstanding character and teacher, this school was then at the height of its influence as a school where science teaching occupied an important part of the curriculum on both the theoretical and practical sides - a very unusual feature in schools of that period.
- Kerr died in 1932 in Inverbruie, Aberdeen.
Born 27 June 1853, Girvan, Ayrshire, Scotland. Died 12 March 1932, Inverbruie, Aberdeen, Scotland.
View full biography at MacTutor
Tags relevant for this person:
Thank you to the contributors under CC BY-SA 4.0!
Adapted from other CC BY-SA 4.0 Sources:
- O’Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F: MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive