Person: Mackie, John
John Mackie graduated from Edinburgh University and went on to teach at Leith Academy, eventually becoming Rector.
Mathematical Profile (Excerpt):
- Mackie graduated with an M.A. in July 1911 with First Class Honours in Mathematics and Natural Philosophy and was awarded a B.Sc. (Pure) in the same year.
- After submitting his thesis An inquiry into the tetrad difference method of testing the two factor theory of intelligence to the University of Edinburgh, Mackie was awarded a D.Sc. in 1929.
- Mackie held this position for 20 years until he retired in February 1953.
- In February 1921 Mackie joined the Edinburgh Mathematical Society.
Born 27 February 1888, Leith, near Edinburgh, Scotland. Died 6 January 1955, Edinburgh, Scotland.
View full biography at MacTutor
Tags relevant for this person:
Adapted from other CC BY-SA 4.0 Sources:
- O’Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F: MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive