Person: Mcintosh, Donald Cameron
Donald McIntosh graduated from the University of Aberdeen and taught at George Watson's Ladies College in Edinburgh. He was appointed a Director of Education.
Mathematical Profile (Excerpt):
- In 1918 McIntosh was appointed Director of Education for Moray, working from the County Education Office in Elgin.
- In 1932 the administrations of Moray and Nairn were combined and McIntosh took over as Director of Education for Moray and Nairn, based in Tomintoul, Banffshire.
- We have explained that McIntosh served as Head of Mathematics at Edinburgh Ladies' College, but mathematics was not his only academic interest.
- McIntosh was a member of the Edinburgh Mathematical Society, joining in December 1895.
Born 13 January 1868, Kirkmichael, Tomintoul, Banffshire, Scotland. Died 1 July 1957, Carr Moor, Carrbridge, Invernesshire, Scotland.
View full biography at MacTutor
Tags relevant for this person:
Adapted from other CC BY-SA 4.0 Sources:
- O’Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F: MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive