Person: Schlapp, Robert
Robert Schlapp studied at Edinburgh and Cambridge universities. He spent his whole career at Edinburgh University teaching mathematics and Physics. He was also interested in the History of Mathematics.
Mathematical Profile (Excerpt):
- Robin (as Robert was known to all his colleagues including the authors of this biography) was educated at George Watson's School, Edinburgh, and completed his school education as dux of the School in 1917.
- Returning to Edinburgh University after the war ended, Schlapp graduated with an M.A. with First Class Honours in Mathematics and Natural Philosophy.
- Schlapp was then appointed as an Assistant in Natural Philosophy at Edinburgh University.
- In January 1923 Schlapp joined the Edinburgh Mathematical Society.
- As explained in this obituary, Schlapp published little after 1940.
Born 18 July 1899, Edinburgh, Scotland. Died 31 May 1991, Ashford, Kent, England.
View full biography at MacTutor
Tags relevant for this person:
Adapted from other CC BY-SA 4.0 Sources:
- O’Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F: MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive