Person: Tweedie (3), David J.
David J Tweedie graduated with an Ordinary degree from Edinburgh University and then taught at George Heriot's Hospital School in Edinburgh. He became headmaster of the school at Kilconquhar in Fife.
Mathematical Profile (Excerpt):
- There is, rather confusingly, also a David Tweedie who was a member at much the same time.
- He had several younger siblings, Marjory (born about 1875 who was a Pupil Teacher in 1891), Alice (born about 1877), James (born 1881) and John (born about 1885).
- Tweedie obtained passes at Higher level in Latin, Greek, and Mathematics.
- In January 1897 Tweedie joined the Edinburgh Mathematical Society.
- The move from Edinburgh seems to have made Tweedie decide that his membership of the Edinburgh Mathematical Society was not now useful, and he left the Society in the following year.
Born 17 October 1870, Edinburgh, Scotland. Died 25 August 1926, Stichill, Roxburgh, Scotland.
View full biography at MacTutor
Tags relevant for this person:
Thank you to the contributors under CC BY-SA 4.0!
Adapted from other CC BY-SA 4.0 Sources:
- O’Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F: MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive