◀ ▲ ▶History / 19th-century / Person: Weatherhead, Kenneth Kilpatrick
Person: Weatherhead, Kenneth Kilpatrick
K K Weatherhead graduated from Edinburgh University although his studies were interrupted by service in World War I. He became an actuary, working for various Edinburgh insurance companies.
Mathematical Profile (Excerpt):
- Weatherhead was born at 18 Kelvinside Terrace, Glasgow.
- He was educated at Giffnock Academy from 1902 to 1906, Harris Academy, Dundee, from 1906 to 1911, then Dundee High School from 1911 to 1916.
- After having passed the Preliminary Examination, Weatherhead first matriculated at the University of Edinburgh in October 1916 where he was awarded the John Welsh Mathematical Scholarship.
- In his first year he took courses at the Ordinary level in Mathematics, Natural Philosophy, and Latin.
- In 1922 Weatherhead joined The Scottish Life Assurance Co. Ltd.
- Mr Weatherhead has had a successful professional career in Edinburgh, where he relinquished the position of joint actuary of the Scottish Equitable Life Assurance Society to take up service with our Company, and we welcome him as a valuable addition to our staff.
- Finally we note that Weatherhead was a member of the Edinburgh Mathematical Society, joining the Society in November 1925.
Born 2 November 1898, Glasgow, Scotland. Died 26 September 1979, Glasgow, Scotland.
View full biography at MacTutor
Tags relevant for this person:
Adapted from other CC BY-SA 4.0 Sources:
- O’Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F: MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive