Person: Cafaro, Emilio
Emilio Cafaro was an Italian mathematician who was an expert on thermo fluid dynamics.
Mathematical Profile (Excerpt):
- Emilio Cafaro graduated in Physics at Pisa and then in Nuclear Engineering at the Politecnico di Torino in 1980.
- Cafaro began publishing in 1984 when, in collaboration with N Bellomo and G Rizzi, he published On the mathematical modelling of physical systems by ordinary differential stochastic equations.
- By the time Cafaro received his Ph.D. in 1989 he already had twelve publications.
- Cafaro was an expert on thermo fluid dynamics and had studied many aspects of fires.
- For information about Cafaro's work on fires in enclosed spaces see the Abstract and the excerpt from the Introduction to his paper Deterministic-stochastic approach to compartment fire modelling (2009).
- Among Cafaro's interests outside science, we mention his love of music.
- His death has affected much the Turin university structure as Cafaro was known both for his collaborations with the Ministry of Infrastructure and for his studies carried out with researchers in the field of fire (he also collaborated with the Corpo dei Vigili del Fuoco).
Born 14 July 1952, Lecce, Italy. Died 29 March 2015, Turin, Italy.
View full biography at MacTutor
Tags relevant for this person:
Thank you to the contributors under CC BY-SA 4.0!
Adapted from other CC BY-SA 4.0 Sources:
- O’Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F: MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive