Person: Fiorentini, Mario
Mario Fiorentini is an Italian partisan, secret agent and mathematician.
Mathematical Profile (Excerpt):
- It was while he was active in the Resistance that Fiorentini met Lucia Ottobrini (1924-2015) who was also playing a major role in that organisation.
- We have said nothing above about Fiorentini's education, but this is mainly because he was largely self-educated.
- In 1971 Fiorentini published four papers: On relative regular sequences; Esempi di anelli di Cohen-Macaulay semifattoriali che non sono di Gorenstein Ⓣ(Examples of Cohen-Macaulay semifactorial rings that are not Gorenstein); Esempi di anelli di Cohen-Macaulay che non sono di Gorenstein Ⓣ(Examples of Cohen-Macaulay rings that are not Gorenstein) and (with Aldo Marruccelli) Oggetto e fondamenti della matematica Ⓣ(Objects and the foundations of mathematics).
- Among his many associations, the most fruitful has been, no doubt, with Mario's long-time friend and university colleague, Alexandru T Lascu.
Born 7 November 1918, Rome, Italy. Died 9 August 2022, Rome, Italy.
View full biography at MacTutor
Tags relevant for this person:
Adapted from other CC BY-SA 4.0 Sources:
- O’Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F: MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive