◀ ▲ ▶History / 20th-century / Person: Gorbunov, Viktor Aleksandrovich
Person: Gorbunov, Viktor Aleksandrovich
Viktor Gorbunov was a Russian mathematician who worked in universal algebra and logic.
Mathematical Profile (Excerpt):
- Gorbunov continued working at Novosibirsk State University, being promoted to professor.
- Gorbunov's work was published in many papers but was brought together in the form of a textbook in 1998 when he published Algebraic theory of quasivarieties both in Russian and in English translation.
- Viktor was proud to belong to the School and to continue its traditions.
- This issue contains three papers coauthored by Gorbunov together with his doctoral students Aleksandr Kravchenko, Kira Adaricheva and Marina Semenova.
Born 17 February 1950, Russia. Died 29 January 1999, Novosibirsk, Russia.
View full biography at MacTutor
Tags relevant for this person:
Adapted from other CC BY-SA 4.0 Sources:
- O’Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F: MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive