Person: Jitomirskaya, Svetlana
Svetlana Jitomirskaya is a Ukranian-born American mathematician who is known for her work on dynamical systems and mathematical physics.
Mathematical Profile (Excerpt):
- Jitomirskaya completed her undergraduate studies in 1987, graduating with distinction having written the thesis Localization problems in the kicked rotor model.
- Jitomirskaya was awarded a doctorate from Moscow State University in 1991 for her thesis Spectral and Statistical Properties of Lattice Hamiltonians.
- Appointed as a Visiting Assistant Professor at the University of California at Irvine in 1992, Jitomirskaya published the joint paper Ising model in a quasiperiodic transverse field, percolation, and contact processes in quasiperiodic environments with Abel Klein in the following year.
- Jitomirskaya has received prestigious awards for her outstanding contributions.
- In January 2006 Jitomirskaya gave a plenary address to the Joint American Mathematical Society/Mathematical Association of America Annual Meeting in San Antonio and in August of that year she gave a plenary address to the XV International Congress of Mathematical Physics in Rio de Janeiro.
Born 4 June 1966, Kharkov, Ukraine.
View full biography at MacTutor
Tags relevant for this person:
Origin Ukraine, Women
Adapted from other CC BY-SA 4.0 Sources:
- O’Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F: MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive