Person: Keller, Eduard Ott-Heinrich
Ott-Heinrich Keller was a German mathematician who worked on algebraic geometry and topology.
Mathematical Profile (Excerpt):
- Keller then went to the Technical University of Charlottenburg in Berlin where he was appointed as assistant to George Hamel.
- In 1949 he published Zu einem Satze von H W E Jung über ganze birationale Transformationen der Ebene Ⓣ(On a theorem of H W E Jung on all birational transformations of plane) and, by a strange coincidence, following the retirement of Heinrich W E Jung from the chair of mathematics at Halle, Keller was appointed to Jung's chair at the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg in 1951.
- In 1954 Keller published his first book Geometrie der Zahlen Ⓣ(Geometry of numbers) which contained many of his contributions to the topic.
- Keller retired in 1971 from his professorship in Halle.
Born 22 June 1906, Frankfurt (Main), Germany. Died 5 December 1990, Halle, Germany.
View full biography at MacTutor
Tags relevant for this person:
Adapted from other CC BY-SA 4.0 Sources:
- O’Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F: MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive