Person: Morishima, Taro
Taro Morishima was a Japanese mathematician who worked in algebra and number theory.
Mathematical Profile (Excerpt):
- There was a major earthquake and fire in 1923 and when Morishima entered the Department of Mathematics of the College of Science of the university it had been reconstructed.
- Morishima had been very active in mathematical research from the time he graduated in 1928.
- All his papers are full of good ideas but they are extremely difficult to read since Morishima did not present enough detail.
- Morishima's high research activity seems to have greatly lessened after 1935.
- In 1942 Morishima was appointed as professor at the Army Military Academy.
- We mentioned above that Morishima published one paper on Fermat's Last Theorem in 1952.
- Finally let us mention Morishima's 1966 paper On the second factor of the class number of the cyclotomic field.
Born 22 April 1903, Wakayama, Japan. Died 8 August 1989, Tokyo, Japan.
View full biography at MacTutor
Tags relevant for this person:
Thank you to the contributors under CC BY-SA 4.0!
Adapted from other CC BY-SA 4.0 Sources:
- O’Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F: MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive