Person: Mushtaq, Qaiser
Qaiser Mushtaq was a leading founder of the Pakistan Mathematical Society and professor of mathematics at Quaid-e-Azam University working on group theory.
Mathematical Profile (Excerpt):
- A leading figure at this meeting, who had long been pushing for founding the Pakistan Mathematical Society, was Qaiser Mushtaq who was the professor of mathematics at Quaid-e-Azam University.
- Mushtaq, born in Sheikhupura, Pakistan, in 1954, studied for an M.Sc. and M.Phil.
- Qaiser Mushtaq and his research group at the Quaid-e-Azam University organised the Pure Mathematics Conference in Islamabad in August 2000.
- This conference was again organised by Qaiser Mushtaq and his research group at the Quaid-e-Azam University.
Born 1954, Sheikhupura, Pakistan View one larger picture.
View full biography at MacTutor
Tags relevant for this person:
Thank you to the contributors under CC BY-SA 4.0!
Adapted from other CC BY-SA 4.0 Sources:
- O’Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F: MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive