Person: Ruse, Harold Stanley
Harold Ruse graduated from Oxford and held a position at Edinburgh University. he later became a professor at Southampton and Leeds. He worked on Harmonic Spaces.
Mathematical Profile (Excerpt):
- Harold Ruse was educated at Hastings Grammar School, Sussex, before matriculating at Jesus College, Oxford University.
- During this time Ruse spent session 1933-34 in Princeton where he was supported by a Rockefeller Research Fellowship.
- In 1937 Ruse was appointed as Professor of Mathematics at University College, Southampton.
- Ruse remained there for nine years until he was appointed as Professor of Pure Mathematics at Leeds University in 1946.
- Ruse joined the Edinburgh Mathematical Society in January 1927.
Born 12 February 1905, Hastings, England. Died 20 October 1974, Leeds, England.
View full biography at MacTutor
Tags relevant for this person:
Adapted from other CC BY-SA 4.0 Sources:
- O’Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F: MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive