Person: Simpson (2), Mary
Mary Simpson graduated from Edinburgh and then took up a post at Queen's College Dundee.
Mathematical Profile (Excerpt):
- Before she graduated with a B.Sc., Simpson had decided that she wanted to take an Honours M.A. degree and made an application to the Arts Faculty.
- At this time she gave her Religious Denomination as Episcopalian and her Nearest Relative to be Mrs A Simpson (Mother).
- For the Ordinary subject that she was required to take, Simpson chose English.
- Simpson remained in that position until 1942.
Born 7 July 1901, Gateshead-on-Tyne, England. Died 11 November 1985, Plymouth, England.
View full biography at MacTutor
Tags relevant for this person:
Origin England, Women
Thank you to the contributors under CC BY-SA 4.0!
Adapted from other CC BY-SA 4.0 Sources:
- O’Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F: MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive