Person: Kreindler, Eléna
Eléna Wexler-Kreindler was a Romanian mathematician who worked in modern algebra. She spent most of her career in France.
Mathematical Profile (Excerpt):
- Eléna studied at the high school in Bucharest, graduating in 1951.
- Returning from Ekaterinburg to Bucharest, Kreindler was appointed as an instructor at the Polytechnic Institute.
- Kreindler's career developed and she was promoted to assistant professor at the Polytechnic Institute.
- Kreindler marred Dinu Wexler who was a fellow mathematician and at this time she changed her name to Eléna Wexler-Kreindler.
- The two mathematicians left Bucharest in 1972 and Eléna had to begin her career again.
- Eléna Wexler-Kreindler was an outstanding lecturer and had a great passion for teaching both graduate and undergraduate mathematics.
Born 15 October 1931, Brăila, Romania. Died 24 August 1992, Paris, France.
View full biography at MacTutor
Tags relevant for this person:
Origin Romania, Women
Adapted from other CC BY-SA 4.0 Sources:
- O’Connor, John J; Robertson, Edmund F: MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive