Epoch: 11th Century
- Greenland is conquered by the Vikings, who also reach the coast of America.
- The Danish, English and Norwegian kingdoms are united by, Canute, the King of Denmark (1018-1035).
- The Roman and Greek churches break their communion in 1054 after centuries of theological and political differences. This became known as the East-West Schism.
- The first universities are founded in Europe: the University of Medicin in Palermo, the University of Law in Bologna, and the University of Divinity and Philosophy in Paris.
- observes another eclipse of the moon from Jurjaniyya.
- provides generous support for al-Biruni's scientific work.
- Mansur Mansur and Al-Biruni renew collaboration.
between 1012 and 1018
- lives in Cairo and undertakes most of his work in Jaén,
- built an instrument at Jurjaniyya to observe solar meridian transits,
- makes 15 observations with the instrument,
- makes observations from Ghazna which allowed an accurate determination of its latitude.
- Hermann of Reichenau writes "Epistola de quantitate mensis lunaris", adressing the problem of the lengths of the lunar month.
- Kua becomes Director of the Astronomy Bureau.
Table of Contents
- Person: Al-Nasawi
- Person: Xian, Jia
- Person: Hermann Of Reichenau
- Person: Sripati
- Person: Al-Zarqali
- Person: Kua, Shen
- Person: Khayyam, Omar
- Person: Brahmadeva
- Person: Ha-Nasi, Abraham bar Hiyya
- Person: Adelard Of Bath
- Person: Hemchandra, Acharya
- Person: Abraham Ibn Ezra, ben Meir
Thank you to the contributors under CC BY-SA 4.0!