Chapter: Affine Spaces
Unlike in vector spaces, affine spaces have no predetermined origin and no predetermined coordinate system (also called its basis). This means that the origin and the coordinate system of an affine space can always be adjusted to the geometrical problem of interest.
Table of Contents
- Definition: Affine Subspace
- Definition: Affine Basis, Affine Coordinate System
- Section: Affine Maps
- Section: Normal Forms
- Section: Quadrics
- Definition: Affine Space
- Definition: Affinely Dependent and Affinely Independent Points
- Definition: Dimension of an Affine Space
- Definition: Convex Affine Set
Thank you to the contributors under CC BY-SA 4.0!
- Wille, D; Holz, M: "Repetitorium der Linearen Algebra", Binomi Verlag, 1994